TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This page defines the Terms and Conditions for Users registering a profile and engaging with TRANSFORM through the Platform found at transform-uat.unileversolutions.com. By registering a profile and/or using the Platform, Users are fully, expressly and unreservedly accepting these Terms & Conditions.
This Platform allows Users to:
- Register a profile
- Access and share Tools & Resources and Impact Stories
- Collaborate with the community and Projects
- “Collaboration Hub” means the discussion board and project area where Users can interact and collaborate.
- “Contributing Partner” means organisations which TRANSFORM may choose to partner with to contribute to the support provided.
- “Platform” means the TRANSFORM platform at transform-uat.unileversolutions.com.
- “Project” means a collaboration between users to enable an impact enterprise to respond to the impacts of COVID-19 in line with the Platform’s mission.
- “Idea” means a thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action related to a project or the programme.
- “Impact Enterprise” means a business that has a clear positive social or environmental impact.
- “TRANSFORM” means the joint initiative between Unilever, UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, EY and relevant Contributing Partners to support impact enterprises.
- “TRANSFORM Team” means TRANSFORM representatives from Unilever, UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, EY and TRANSFORM’s key suppliers and relevant Contributing Partners.
- “Tools & Resources” means information, events, tools, resources and templates available on the TRANSFORM Platform to support impact enterprises.
- “User” means an individual who registers a profile on the TRANSFORM Platform and/or engages with the Platform.
- “Unilever” means Unilever N.V., Unilever PLC and any company from time to time in which either or both directly or indirectly owns or controls the voting rights attached to not less than 50% of the issued ordinary share capital or control directly or indirectly the appointment of a majority of the board of management and references to “Unilever Group Company” shall be construed accordingly.
2. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Duration of the initiative
- TRANSFORM was established in 2015, with the aim of helping low income communities to access products and services that have been shown to improve health, livelihoods, the environment or well-being.
- The TRANSFORM Platform will be active from 2020 and will continue to be active while the Platform still supports TRANSFORM’s aims.
- User Obligations
- The User will behave with honesty and respect, in a pleasant and professional manner.
- The User will report any inappropriate behaviour to the TRANSFORM team through the ‘Contact Us’ section.
- TRANSFORM Team Obligations
- The TRANSFORM Team are responsible for the coordination and planning of the initiative.
- The TRANSFORM Team will support new Impact Enterprises and Contributing Partners to join the Platform and participate.
3. USER PROVISIONS
- User access
- Any individual or organisation, except Russian citizens and users located in Russian territory, are eligible to register and create a profile.
- Users must be aged 18 or over.
- Users must accept these Terms and Conditions to register their profile.
- The TRANSFORM Team reserves the right to block any User that it deems unsuitable.
- The TRANSFORM Team may suspend the profile of a User if the User fails to comply with the expectations set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- User Contributions
- Users are encouraged to participate in the Collaboration Hub and contribute to projects.
- Comments should be constructive and relevant and must not be offensive.
- It is the User’s decision whether to act on recommendations or information made in the Collaboration Hub.
- The TRANSFORM Team reserves the right to remove comments or remove a User from the Platform if deemed inappropriate or the TRANSFORM Team deem unsuitable for any other reason.
- Any project, comment or any other information provided on the Platform must:
- be suitable for display and publication online
- not be defamatory of any person
- not be obscene, indecent, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- not promote sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- not infringe any copyright, design, database right or trademark or any other Intellectual Property Rights of any other person
- not be likely to deceive any person or be misrepresentative
- not be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- not promote any illegal activity
- not be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) infringement of Intellectual Property Rights or computer misuse.
- The Users must not use the Platform for anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Any project, comment or any other information provided on the Platform must:
4. TRANSFORM FUNDING AND SUPPORT
- TRANSFORM may provide additional funding and support to projects, Impact Enterprises or Contributing Partners where the relevant project goes through TRANSFORM’s official Application Process, is approved by the TRANSFORM Management Team and successfully proceeds through contracting and onboarding.
- By signing up to the TRANSFORM Platform and participating in projects, there is no obligation for TRANSFORM to provide funding and support.
- When using the TRANSFORM Platform, you are advised to share non-confidential information only. However, if you share confidential information, you acknowledge and agree that the shared content imposes no obligation of confidentiality on the TRANSFORM Team, Unilever, Contributing Partners or any of the other Users.
- If you submit any Idea or suggestion you acknowledge that the TRANSFORM Team, Unilever, a Unilever Group company, UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, TRANSFORM Partner or a third party acting on its/their behalf, may have previously worked on or may be working on the same or a similar Idea. By submitting your Idea, you agree that one of these parties may continue to develop the Idea (or a similar idea) independently of, and without acknowledging, your Idea.
6. COMPETITION LAW
- All Users must adhere to applicable competition law and shall not enter into any discussion, activity or conduct that may infringe any applicable competition law. By way of example, Users agree that they shall not discuss, communicate or exchange;
- any commercially sensitive information
- non-public information relating to prices
- marketing and advertising strategy
- costs and revenues
- trading terms and conditions with third parties
- purchasing strategy
- terms of supply, and
- trade programmes or distribution strategy.
7. PERSONAL DATA
- Users may upload profile images at their own discretion. TRANSFORM will not use these profile images for publicity or marketing purposes.
- TRANSFORM collects and processes the profile information in order to facilitate the administration of the Platform. Any personal data is processed on the lawful basis of contract.
- Users may register to receive marketing communications from TRANSFORM, Unilever and Contributing Partners. When Users sign-up to receive marketing communication, personal data is processed under the lawful basis of consent. Users will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications by following the ‘unsubscribe’ option in the received marketing communications.
- By registering a profile with TRANSFORM, Users agree to sharing these details with TRANSFORM and its core Contributing Partners and suppliers who may reach out to Users for feedback and/or partnership opportunities.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Unilever owns the intellectual property rights for all of the materials on the website or has a valid right from a third party to use materials on the website. Unilever also owns or has a valid right to use all trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used on this website. Unless expressly stated, no part of the website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, reversed-engineered or distributed in any way.
- Users warrant that they own the rights in any information they provide and any information supplied to the Platform does not infringe the intellectual property rights, confidentiality or the rights of any third party.
- Users engaging with the Platform retain the rights to the background intellectual property related to the content shared.
- Amendments to the Terms and Conditions
- The TRANSFORM Team reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. The changes will be posted on the Platform, and will take effect immediately upon posting, so Users should check these Terms and Conditions on the Platform to keep up to date.
- The Users’ use of the Platform reaffirms their continuing agreement to the then-current Terms and Conditions.
- Modifications to the Programme or Platform
- The TRANSFORM Team reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate all or any part of the TRANSFORM programme and Platform, without notice.
- Users shall not be entitled to remuneration, of any kind, should TRANSFORM exercise this right.
- Warranty and Indemnity
- If the User share information or material which are owned by a third party, including Intellectual Property Rights, the User will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you.
- The User shall indemnify and hold TRANSFORM and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party arising as a result of TRANSFORM’s use of the User’s information, or the User’s use of the TRANSFORM Platform, including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
- The material on the Platform (including any graphics, software, digital content, recommendations, Tools and Resources, Impact Stories or other materials) and any material made available through the Platform are provided “as is” and without conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied.
- To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, TRANSFORM and Unilever expressly disclaims all conditions and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. TRANSFORM and Unilever makes no warranty that (i) the operation of the Platform will meet your requirements; (ii) access to the Platform will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful components, or free of defects or errors; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Platform will be accurate or reliable; or (iv) defects will be corrected.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- No failure on the part of TRANSFORM to enforce any part of these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions whether for past or future actions on the part of any person.
- Governing Law
- These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties.